2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

XP Pro Compatiblity (XP Pro)

Howdy all. Another question, if you please. I seem to have found a flaw in my XP Pro plan. My single driver glitch is that my printer is a Canon BJ 5100, and neither Canon nor MS has a driver for the BJ 5100 under XP Pro. Canon does have a Win 2000 driver, and of course a 98SE driver. Would I be able to use XP Pro's compatibility mode, or somehow fool XP Pro into using the Win 2000 driver?? I know, it's not of earthshaking importance (except to me), but I can't do both XP Pro and a new printer, and I do have need of the printer, whereas I can keep on with 98SE for now (I'm severely cash challenged right now - I need a blasted co - signor to pay cash!!!!!). Thanks in advance, y'all.
    Mike.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: XP Pro Compatiblity (XP Pro)

WinXP Driver BJ 5100 When you get to the page the Driver will be to the right of the word FILE. Click on it and a window will come up: User Name "Drivers", Password "All" ,click OK and then the page will load. Scroll down and click Load This File. And by the way everybody uses the same User name and Password on that Website, so I'm not giving out any secret.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can send a petition to Canon to provide a driver here: http://www.petitiononline.com/bjc5000/petition.html.

According to some posts in the Microsoft Newsgroups, the Windows 2000 driver should work in Windows XP, although it may not offer all features.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, I appreciate the info very much. Thanks also to Cowboy for the driver info. BTW, Cowboy, I did download the file, but I'm very curious where it came from. I went as far as e mailing canon directly, and they say that the BJ 5100 under XP is totally unsupported, as well as there not being a driver anywhere on their site for it - at least not one that I could find. The latest that they have on site is their W 2000 driver. Ah well..... we'll see. Anyway, thanks a bunch to you both.
    Take care,
    Mike.