New Lounger
    Thanks

Sending Same Email Every Work Day (Corp Outlook 2000 SP-3 on XP)

All,

No this is not "how do I send spam" -- I need to be able to send a reminder email every workday (Mon-Fri) to about 20 email addresses or so. I regret having to do this since it seems very childish to have to remind them everyday, but I am not getting anywhere with any other tactic (and I have no real hire/fire authority over them). It is vital to my job functions that they do what this email will remind them of (i.e. if I don't get it, my boss can fire me!). On a side note, this will provide me with a little CYA as well !

Any advice on how to set something like this up? I appreciate your help!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending Same Email Every Work Day (Corp Outloo

It sounds like you need to set up a Distribution List, with a template, that you could send out each day. Please post back explaining how much (if any) of these concepts you are unfamiliar with. HTH
    Grüße

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Sending Same Email Every Work Day (Corp Outlook 2000 SP-3 on XP)

A possible approach is to set up a recurring Task with Assignment to all the people who need Reminders. I can't walk you through the entire setup, as I quit using the Assignments because it annoyed people and I got complaints, so now I remind only myself. Here is a primer on Assigning Tasks.

One annoyance with Recurring Tasks is that rather than just sit there as Recurring like a Recurring Appointment, on the time of each recurrence, you have to tell the Task that it has been completed, at which time it creates a new Recurrence of itself and the old one is marked as deleted (but not immediately removed from the Task list).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

New Lounger
    Thanks

I do play with tasks for things I need to do, but the guys I need to send this to would literally not know where to look. They do well to simply open up outlook and read their email...

I do have a distribution list set up for these guys, but I have never used a template in outlook, so I am very much a newb with that...

thanks everyone!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

They wouldn't need to know "where to look", but they would need to Accept the Task Assignment when you initially send it to them. As Unkjamunka suggested in this thread or another one, it might be easier to use a Dist List and send a template-based Follow-Up-Time Flagged message out to the DL every day.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending Same Email Every Work Day (Corp Outloo

For an Outlook Template: <UL><LI>Take one of your outgoing messages<LI>Choose File|Save As<LI>Select Outlook Template in the Save As Type dropdown box<LI>Send a new Reminder using File|New|Choose Form<LI>Select User Templates in File System from the Look In dropdown box[/list]HTH
    Grüße

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Maybe the below will e of some use:

How to Create a Recurring Email Message

Summary or Problem

This FAQ describes a method for creating a recurring reminder e-mail message.

More Information or Steps or Cause

Outlook does not provide a means to create recurring e-mail messages. For example, you might want to send an e-mail message every month to remind a group of people that a report is due. While you can set up appointments and tasks as recurring events, you cannot create a recurring e-mail message.

You can use Visual Basic Script and the recurrence settings of a task to automatically generate a recurring e-mail message. This procedure consists of the following tasks:

Publish a custom task form that creates an e-mail message when the task status equals completed.
    Use the custom task form to create a recurring task.
    When the task comes due, mark it as completed. The code will generate the boilerplate message, which you then send. At the same time, a new task is created because the original task was set to recur.
    Note: The code sample below will cause a mail form to open, giving the user a chance to modify the form. The user must click the send button to actually send the message.

You can further automate the message. If you add the line NewItem.Send immediately below the NewItem.Display line, the message is automatically sent when you mark the task as completed.

Solution

Publish a Custom Task Form
    Start Outlook and open your Tasks folder.
    On the Actions menu, click New Task.
    On the Tools menu, point to Forms, and then click Design This Form.
    On the Form menu, click View Code, and type the following code in the Script Editor:
    Sub Item_PropertyChange(ByVal Name)
    Select Case Name
    Case "Status"
    if Item.Status = 2 then '2 = Completed
    Set NewItem = Application.CreateItem(0)
    NewItem.To = "myRecipientList"
    NewItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
    NewItem.Subject = "mySubjectGoesHere"
    NewItem.Body = "This is the body of my message."
    NewItem.Display
    End IF
    End Select
    End Sub
    In the Script Editor, on the File menu, click Close.
    On the Tools menu, point to Forms, and then click Publish Form.
    In the Look in list, click Tasks. In the Display Name and Form Name boxes, type Reminder, and then click Publish.
    On the File menu, click Close. Do not save changes.
    NOTE: In the code, substitute your own information inside the quotation marks for NewItem.To, NewItem.Subject, and NewItem.Body. These lines set the To, Subject, and body of your reminder message.

Create a Recurring Task Using the Custom Form
    Open your Tasks folder, where you published the custom reminder form.
    On the Actions menu, click New Reminder. This will open a new task based on your custom form.
    Type a subject for your reminder task. In Due Date, click to select a due date from the calendar. Click to select the Reminder check box.
    On the Actions menu, click Recurrence, and set how often you want the reminder message sent.
    Click Save and Close.
    To Send Reminder E-mail
    When you receive the reminder that the task is due, click Open Item. In the Status box, click to select Completed.

(DO NOT Dismiss the reminder and in your Tasks list. Doing so will turn off reminders for subsequent tasks.)

Setting the task as completed will automatically generate a new task and display an e-mail message containing your boilerplate text. Click Send to send the message.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I used this e-mail to create my recurring reminder which, by the way, works great. Of course in the process of trying to do this I created some by accident and now if I click Actions (in Tasks) I get this confusing list of "new...." with my accidental reminders listed there.
    I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the ones I don't need.
    Help?