Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create Rule to Move All Messages (XP)

Hey there.
    I have a question about moving messages from one folder to another and I seem to be stumped. I would like to set up a rule so that all of my messages from my sent items go to another specified folder. The other folder is located off of my exchange server. I don't want to move a copy, but rather keep my Sent folder empty. Is there a way that this can be done?

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Rule to Move All Messages (XP)

Uncheck the box in Tools|Options|Preferences|EMail Options that says "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder". Presumably you've already set up the Rule to save your messages elsewhere using the Rules Wizard. If not, then do so first: before you uncheck the box.
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Rule to Move All Messages (XP)

Exactly what I do, as UnkaMunka explained, but I just want to note that there are two annoyances. Since this is a Client Side Rule, presumably using a PST on the PC or the Lan Server outside the Exchange Server:

1. If you use Send To from another Office app, a copy will be placed in both your default Sent Folder and your Rule Move-To Folder
    2. When (if) you use OWA (Internet Outlook), any messages you send via OWA will be saved only to your default Sent Folder.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS