New Lounger
    Thanks

side by side (Access '97)

I wanted to make a form or report, something that would show information side by side, kinda like a rolodex. The way I did it the information is displaying side by side but it's the same information. (I did it in a form) Is there anyway of doing this side by side displaying the next record?
    The information I'm trying to display is Co. Name, Phone #, Contact Name, Phone #, email. Sorry If I didn't give enough detail.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: side by side (Access '97)

Displaying two different records side by side in a form would be rather difficult in Access - it is not the way forms work.
    You can easily create a continuous form that displays two (or more) records below each other.

Reports, however, have built-in support for displaying records side by side - create a report with two columns that works across, then down. You can set this in the Columns tab of the File | Page Setup dialog. You'll have to experiment to get it exactly right, but it can be done.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps you could achieve the same with a Tab control.

The only difference would be working horizontally instead of vertical !!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

As Dave mentioned, you can do this in a report without too much trouble, using the columns feature. It is possible to do this on a form, but it requires a primary form with 2 subforms, alot of code, and gets a bit tricky. Actually, I once did it with three subforms (allowing user to see a different record in each subform, and allowing scrolling like a rolodex, left and right).
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.