3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Printing from IE (6.0)

I have a user here in the office that has a 98 OS with IE 6.0. She sometimes has this problem: She goes out to a secure website (login & password) to do a business quote. She types in the necessary info. The quote is then generated and a pdf file opens. She views the info on screen. Everything looks good. She then prints to a network printer. The document has many words, sentences, and paragraphs throughout with strange characters/symbols (scientific or mathematical formulas??) Most of them seem to be in the headings and where there is bold print. Any suggestions on what is happening or how to fix it. I have an XP OS and the pdf file printed fine for me. Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Strange Printing from IE (6.0)

Pam,

It sounds like the strange symbols. etc, are the document formatting codes being printed out. Do they have the latest Adobe Reader version installed?

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5.0 is installed. I'll install 6.0 and wait to see if it happens again. Since my original post I've learned that if this user accesses a network folder with saved pdf files and tries to print one that she sometimes gets the same results as my original post. Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Pam,
    We used to see some strange stuff wiht pdf files if the user did not have a Postscript printer defined.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do you check that?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Hi Pam,
    Start | settings | Printers. Then right click on a printer and select properties. Check out the driver - many times a postscript driver is identified with a PS added to the name at the end.

Joe
    Joe