Lounger
    Thanks

Error message (word 2002)

I get the following message after my computer turns on and this appears in a box on top of the Windows XP desktop: " You cannot close microsoft word because a dialog is active. Switch to microsoft word first and close the dialog." A second box contains: "This file contains macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running under high security level, these macros will be disabled." I closed Word yesterday but the messages started appearing last evening and today. I don't know what dialog I might have accidentally run or what macros are running. I don't use macros or dialogs and this is puzzling. I also don't know just how to correct this as opening Word doesn't seem to make any difference and I haven't been able to find anything which helps.

CBS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error message (word 2002)

Check out Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>. The steps outlined in this post should enable you to find out what the culprit is.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error message (word 2002)

If I understand what you are describing, it seems as if Word is starting automatically when your machine boots. If that is the case it may be that you have a shortcut to Word or a Word document in your "Startup" folder in your Windows start menu. Take a look in that folder and remove any such file or shortcut.