Thanks

Norton Speed Disk

My Norton Speed Disk (2001) keeps giving me errors with Win2K... it says it was designed to work with Win2k or NT4, not NT 3.5.1...

But I'm running Win2K Sp-4...

I've emailed Norton, but I was wondering if anyone here had come across this?

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Norton Speed Disk

Chuck--

Weren't you just extolling the virtues of Diskeeper lite and what a great job it did for you on another thread earlier today--the one on Recovery Console? So unless you're talking about a different machine, why would you be running Norton Speed Disk a component of Norton System Works or I can't remember possibly the watered down Native defrag in Win 2K before Microsoft switched to putting the watered down Exec Soft defrag in XP to defrag? Much of the time Speed Disk is anything but speedy.

See:

Norton Speed Disk PC Mag Review June 17, 2003

There shouldn't be a conflict betwen your Diskeeper Lite you talked about and Speed Disk but Diskeeper is considerably a better defrag and most certainly a faster one than Speed Disk. Do you have them on the same machine and if so are you comparison testing them?

SMBP

Thanks

Re: Norton Speed Disk

SMBP:

I'm just still "cleaning house", and trying to figger what I've got and don't need... and in starting Norton, all components worked BUT Speed Disk...

Also, I was already called to task earler this month when I told someone "I don't run Win NT, I run Win2K", and yet here I am stuck in an "identity crisis"...

Incidentally, I DO like Diskeeper... although I do wish it would show more of the order etc. it was implementing...

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"