Language Specific Profiles - Is it possible? (XP Home Edition)

A friend of mine purchased a laptop in Germany with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition "already pre-installed". This version was in German.

He has setup 2 user profiles - one for his girl friend who only speaks English and one for himself - he speaks German.

Is it possible to setup the first profile for his girl friend so that ""all"" menus, dialog boxes, help files etc. appear in English while the second profile for himself will be in German.

This laptop has Microsoft Office installed - menus etc appear in German - would you need an English version of Office installed for the first profile?

If anyone has any insight into this issue I would like to hear from you.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Language Specific Profiles - Is it possible? (XP Home Edition)

Microsoft doesn't provide multilingual interface versions of Windows or Office to individual customers (end-users), only to corporate accounts. See Windows Server 2003, Windows XP & Windows 2000 MUI and MUI Pack Frequently Asked Questions. So unless your friend works for a company that has purchased the multilingual versions of Windows and Office, it is not possible to switch interface languages. The German-language version of Office XP does come with support for German, French, Italian and English spell checking.

As far as I know, the only way to be able to switch interface languages for an individual customer would be to buy the German AND English versions of Windows XP and Office XP, and create a dual-boot machine with each language in a separate partition.