Lounger
    Thanks

Mystery address II

And while I'm at it, can anyone tell me how to control Outlook's choices when I write a partial name in the address field? Ten times in a row it asks me to choose between Patrick Webb and Kathleen Kirkpatrick, then the eleventh time it chooses the wrong one without asking.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mystery address II

if you repeatedly use the one address, it'll begin always using it. it's best to type in patrick w or kirkpat to avoid problems.

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that's the theory. Unfortunately it just ain't true. I daily mail to patrick, hardly ever to kirkpatrick, and when it decides to choose it always chooses kirkpatrick. I could deal with that; it's the times when I type in a name portion which has worked fine for months, only to have Outlook -for the first time ever, and with no warning or choices offered - find an off-the-wall match and send directly to it. Like when I tried to mail to my son-in-law Tate (always worked before) and it went to someone with a "sTATE" government address. Both addresses had been in my contact list for years, and this substitution had never happened before. So I had no reason to extend the abbreviation to avoid it. Outlook surprises me like this all the time, with wierd matches to addresses I've had for a long time without previous incident. I think it's a genuine bug.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

maybe you need to just delete the nick file and let outlook rebuild it. it sounds like it's all messed up.

i suggested renaming it so you could restore it if you wanted to, but i think maybe restoring is a bad idea.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll try it.