New Lounger
    Thanks

Y/N Checkboxes to convert to numbers (Access 2000)

I have set up "several forms and tables" with Y/N checkboxes. I had read that they would display a 0 for No and -1 for Yes, however when I look out in data view it shows yes or no. My problem is that the client wants to be able to have the values of the Yes/ No checkboxes exported out to MS Excel spreadsheet for statistical analysis. If it would export out the 0 and -1 that would possibly be acceptable if that's the only way to use the Y/N checkboxes for values. The only other alternative that I have is to redo ALL the forms and create Yes/No Combo boxes to select each item. Does any one have any ideas how to accomplish this? As powerful as Access is, either I don't have something set up correct or need a point in the right direction. Thanks for any input you may have.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Y/N Checkboxes to convert to numbers (Access 2000)

Try experimenting with the table design: for those fields you can change the format from Yes/No to 0 (zero) and the display control (lookup tab) to Text Box. Then in the datasheet view you get 0 or -1. Dunno how this affects exports - you probably get 0s and -1s anyway for plain text. Excel may do something else.

James

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Y/N Checkboxes to convert to numbers (Access 2000)

If you set the format of the field to True/False, then I am sure that when exporting to Excel, it actually exports as True/False - I have just tested it and it works fine - that is if your manager is happy for True/False outputs as opposed to Yes/No outputs