Star Lounger
    Thanks

No fonts in datasheet view (Ac2002)

I can't choose a font in datasheet view. The font menu in options is empty, and the font it's using is some weird Unicode or Japanese thing (Js look odd, kinda like a 1970s Japanese instruction manual, that's how strange the font is). Ideas?

James

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No fonts in datasheet view (Ac2002)

Does this occur in one table, or in all tables in a database?
    Does it occur in all databases?
    Does it persist after you restarted your computer?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

All tables, all databases, for the last few months (and finally I'm getting round to trying to fix it). Ac2000 on the same PC is fine.

J

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps the fact that you have Access 2000 and 2002 on the same computer has something to do with it - you didn't provide this information in your post originally. Although they can coexist on the same computer, there are lots of things that can go wrong. Perhaps someone with Office 2000 and 2002 on one machine can offer a useful insight.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2000 might have problems running on the same machine with 2002, but not the other way around. I have both on my machine and haven't seen any such instances. The fact that you're seeing it in all databases sounds like you might have a problem with Access 2002, but have you checked other Office XP apps to see if the fonts are normal in those? You say it started several months ago, so what changed on your machine--service packs, new programs, utilities, etc.? Do you have any unusual regional settings in your control panel for Windows? And are you using the Access 2000 file format or 2002?
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2002 and Excel 2002 are fine, fontwise and otherwise. Clearly there is a problem with Ac2002 - I was wondering whether it keeps its fontlist cached somewhere and that has been damaged. I can't pinpoint any event that started the problem, it just started one day, out of nowhere.

I'm using the Ac2000 file format ... just done a test, and when I created a new db I got a different font, which I'm sure is Arial Unicode. Makes no difference if I convert the db to 2002 format.

Ah, closed Ac2002 and did some tests in Ac2000, and now back in 2002: the font's changed to the weird Unicode-Serif-Ugly again. Hoopy. Maybe Access is locked in some odd Unicode mode. I can paste in Chinese characters from Word, so it must be a Unicode font (same with Arial Unicode). Can't see anything odd in Access settings, nor in Control Panel/Regional.

OK, tried changing the default file format to Ac2002. Close, open, new db... bam! Now the fonts have reappeared! Looks like I'd better leave it like that, and create new dbs in Ac2000.

Sorry to ramble, but that was my thought process being documented! Thanks for setting me on that path.

James