New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook (2002 SP-2)

I recieved an email (spam) that I can't delete (get message "unknown error"), can't open (message "can't open this item") and can't move (message "can't move the items, unknown error"). Any information on how to get rid of it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook (2002 SP-2)

Usually the most reliable way of dealing with this is to migrate all the rest of the data in your Outlook Folders.<UL><LI>Create a new PST file from File|New (in XP, I think it's described as an Outlook Data Store)<LI>Drag and drop all the folders - excluding the one with spam in it - to the new PST. N.B.The default folders will not respond to direct drag and drop - so you will have to press the Ctrl key down while you drag and drop them, resulting in a copy.<LI>On the basis that your infected folder is your Inbox, you will have to create a new one.<LI>Shut Outlook down and move your old PST to another folder.<LI>Restart Outlook. If necesssary, point it to your new PST file if it grumbles that it can't find the old one. A new PST file should be created.<LI>Open up your old PST file.<LI>Drag and drop the individual non-infected items out of the spammed folder.<LI>You should now be able to close the old PST file[/list]HTH
    Gre