Lounger
    Thanks

Error message in PowerPoint 2002 (PowerPoint 2002 SP-2)

When my client opens PowerPoint 2002, she is greeted with a screen (title bar reads: Microsoft Forms) and the error messages says: Could not open some objects because they are not available on this machine. That same screen comes up 4 times total and then PowerPoint launches. She has a brand new Dell computer and it was pre-installed with Office 2002 however, a friend moved all her old documents from her old machine which had office 2000 small business edition to this new machine. (Excel works fine however, Word is giving a QStartup.dll error). We re-installed Office using the repair option and it is still giving us the error. thanks for any help!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error message in PowerPoint 2002 (PowerPoint 2002 SP-2)

Some presentations can contain links instead of embedded objects. Check each presentation and repair links or embed objects.

Lounger
    Thanks

This happens when you open a brand new document. So... I'm not sure what is going on - Thanks - Renee

Thanks

Any .PPA or COM add-ins that could be trying to load? The mention of Microsoft Forms suggests maybe some kind of UI control that isn't normally distributed with Windows and that was not installed on the new machine when files were copied over (e.g., DateTimePicker and other VB controls).

Lounger
    Thanks

Klaus Linke found the answer: It turned out we had installed a program and when all those files were moved, they were still linked to the now "not installed program on the new computer." Here was my response to Klaus:

Oh Klaus, oh Klaus, Oh Klaus you are a miracle worker. I did a websearch for that .dll but I guess I missed it. As soon as I saw your e-mail, it was a V-8 moment.. I happened to be at my clients when I saw your answer and I said, quick grab the quotations disk, we in-stalled and now no more ugly run-error in either Word or PowerPoint. We think you are awesome! -
    Renee and Debra (the client)