Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subproject Calendar Change (2000/SR-1)

I have a large project in which my project calendar shows Saturday and Sunday as non-working days. This morning, I inserted a subproject in which Saturday and Sunday were working days, and I broke the link to the subproject file. Apparently my overall project calendar was then changed so that Saturday and Sunday became working days for all of my tasks, changing the percent complete for all of my incomplete tasks. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    Caroline

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subproject Calendar Change (2000/SR-1)

Caroline:

You should be able to fix the immediate problem by selecting Tools/Change Working Time, click & drag S and S (for Saturdays and Sundays) then click Use Default.

To avoid this happening in the future, create a New calendar in the project that is going to be inserted, make that the Project Calendar for that file and change the working days. After insertion, you should see calendars from both files in the 'FOR' drop-down of the Change Working Time dialog. Post back if I have not understod your problem correctly.

Tony.
    Regards,

Tony
    [s] [/s]
    www.SylviArtist.com

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subproject Calendar Change (2000/SR-1)

Thanks! I actually went to the backup of back to my original file (before the insertion of the subproject). Then I took the advice in your second paragraph, and in the subproject I changed the calendar to a differently name. After that I inserted it back into the master project file. It worked perfectly.

Thanks again,

Caroline