2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Download (IE6 SP1)

Howdy all. I'd like to know if anyone knows of a site where I can download the complete IE6 SP1 program, instead of just the installation program, so I can keep it on the HDD. I think I'd be better off that way, rather than letting IE decide what to download for me. Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Mike.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Download (IE6 SP1)

That would be here:

Download IE6SP1: Microsoft Internet Explorer Site

Patrad--

Keep in mind, that IE6SP1 contains a large number of hotfixes gathered together on the day it was released included with Windows XP SP1 November 9, 2002 or as a stand alone download as you see above, but that there have been many more hotfixes since. You will find this thread's links helpful, and Jefferson did two nifty search to help list XP hotfixes--you can do the same with IE--also there are lists I linked on the Microsoft Technet Security site in this thread. There is only one single notorious hotfix written widely on the lounge, the newsletters, including Woody's that I feared enough slowdown information to take off my machine since the launch, but I highly respect the opinions of others if they include more on that list.

Future Windows Update and Troubleshooting Site

There has also been much written on the past patches if you scroll the past IE/XP lounge threads that links newsletters, and all kinds of useful guidance info.

hth,

SMBP

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Download (IE6 SP1)

I can't thank you enough for this info, SMBP. I can't believe that I missed that MS site, with all the searching I did, even using Google! Like I said in a previous post - "Loungers are the BEST"!! :-} Thanks again!
    Mike.