Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Parameter Error (2000)

Hi All!

I have an old DB with linked tables. In updating it I changed [Auto Number] in tblEmployee to [EmployeeNameID]. I made changes to anything that looked back to that table for use in combo boxes on various forms. I updated my links and all seems to be working OK. My problem is with one of the queries I'm trying to run I get a parameter question asking for tblEmployee.Auto Number. I'm not sure where this is coming from, or how to get rid of it.

One other question if I may. Is it possible to have a subform in a suborm in if so, will the data in all forms be saved when I go to the next record?

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Parameter Error (2000)

Open the query in design view. Click somewhere in the upper part of the query window, outside the tables. Then activate the Properties window (View | Properties). Perhaps the Order By property still refers to Auto Number. Another possibility is that one of the fields is displayed as a dropdown list (combo box), with Auto Number in the row source.

Yes, you can nest subforms in subforms. In Access 97, you could have form - subform -subsubform, and in Access 2002, you can have 7 levels. I'm not sure about Access 2000. If you type specification in the Help index, then select Access specifications > Form and Report, you'll see the specs for your version. In principle, Access takes care of saving records when needed, but when entering new records, you must avoid entering data in a subform before entering data in the higher level(s). Work "down".

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Parameter Error (2000)

Hi Hans,

I checked the order by property and there was nothing in it. So I went to the field itself (still in the query view) to see if it was displayed as a dropdown list and there was nothing there. For the heck of it I changed clicked on display control and selected Text and that seemed to do it! I then went back and tried combo box and it still worked. I'm not sure why it workd, but I'm not gettting parameter error so that is a huge relief!!

Thanks so much,
    Leesha