2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Menu and Toolbars Disappeared

While working in Word 2000, my menu bar and toolbars disappeared. The document and the ruler are visible but nothing else. I can't get any keyboard commands to works so I can access the toolbars menu under View. Any ideas? Help please. Thank you Carol

Thanks

Re: Menu and Toolbars Disappeared

Does Alt-F8 call up the Macros... dialog? If so, choose Word Comands in the "Macros in" drop down menu, and you should be able to access ToolsCustomize and restore your menu and toolbars. If not, perhaps rename Normal.dot and try re-opening Word.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Usually when I can no longer see my macros I suspect a virus infection. The last few I've seen start their day by disabling macro protection, inhibiting views of several things, and generally stopping me doing what i would naturally do.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Have a look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=wrd&Number=13344&page=& view=&sb=&vc=1#Post13344>this earlier thread</A> for a couple of fixes - one involves deleting a Registry key, and the other involves running a macro.

crudd

The menus you have chosen to be visible reside in your normal.dot. That being said, autoexec/autonew etc macros can reset these settings on document load.

Go View > Toolbars > Customise and tick all the menus to be visible. Exit word and restart. If the menus arent visible a macro is splashing them.