2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Where is the Macro? (office 2000)

Hello to all,
    I have a work sheet that had a macro attached to it . I believe that I deleted it, and made several modifications to the sheet. However, when ever I open this sheet I get the standard information about .... this sheet contains .... Enable or disable Macro. When the sheet boots I look under Macro / Run and there is non listed. What am I missing here.
    Any and all help is greatly apprecieated.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Where is the Macro? (office 2000)

Hi Bill,

You'll get that message because the VBA module that you created the macro in is still attached to the workbook. To get rid of the message, remove the module via Alt-F11 (to open the VBA editor), then File|Remove Module[Name]. Since it's empty, Click 'No' when you get asked about exporting the module. Exit the VBA editor and save the workbook.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Macropod,
    I brought up the file and said yes to enable the macro and pressed Alt-F11 as you suggested. The "Visual Basic" sheet came up, however, when I went under File there was no "Remove" Module (Name). All that is there is the "Save worksheet....", "Import.... " ,"Export....", Exit visual..." and one button greyed out that I could not access anyway. Soooo, what do I do now ?
    thanks again for the quick response and I look forward to your answer.
    Bill

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Bat17 on 15-Aug-03 07:37. )</P> Edited. now I have seen your workbook see <post#=284733>post 284733</post#>

When you are in the VBA Editor make sure that you have the Project Explorer visble (Ctrl+R).
    Use the explorer tree to navigate to your file and expand the "Modules" folder. you should now be able to see any modules attached to the Workbook. Select the module and you should now be able to remove it using the File>Remove menu option.

HTH

Peter

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Pete,
    I was able to navigate to the module however when I highlighted it and went to the File>remove, again the remove was not available as an option. It showed the name of the module, but was greyed out. The particular module only has a name there is no content to the module any more as I deleted tha last night.
    Any ideas.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can't remove the modules associated with ThisWorkbook and the individual sheets. If you cleared the contents of the worksheet module, however, you shouldn't get the macro warning any more. See attached (zipped) workbook. I don't get a macro warning when I open the workbook. Do you?