New Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Excel Spreadsheets (Powerpoint 97 SR-2)

Hi all,

I'm trying to insert an Excel spreadsheet into a slide. I know how to copy/paste and also insert object from file, but either way I only get half the worksheet showing on the screen. In the ppt Excel editor I can use scroll bars to see the whole thing, but I want to see all of it on the slide at once. Admittedly the spreadsheet is 8 wide columns and is in Excel in landscape, but I can't format it right.

The only solution I can see is to screenshot the Excel spreadsheet and paste the screenshot onto the slide.

Does anyone have any less crude suggestions?

Thanks,

Cunners

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Excel Spreadsheets (Powerpoint 97 SR-2)

Sorry not to answer your question directly, but if you're having trouble fitting the information on a slide, maybe you should reconsider: cramming lots of info onto one slide is not going to please your audience.

You could experiment with the Copy Picture option in Excel (keep Shift down, then select the Edit menu. The Copy option will now read Copy Picture. Paste Special in Powerpoint with the Enhanced Metafile option seems to work best.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Excel Spreadsheets (Powerpoint 97 SR-2)

Thanks Hans,

You were right, I used the paste picture function (nice trick, didn't know that one!) and it looked horrible on screen. Settled for a nice graph instead which summarised the lot far more clearly.