Star Lounger
    Thanks

Works & Word 2000 Problem

Have XP Home with word 97, MS works and MS word 2000 installed on my wifes computer (which also serves as my back up sysytem).

When I try to open works or word 2000, a Windows Intaller (WI) message box appears w/ "preparing to install'; then anothe WI box w/ "Unexpected Termination"; then a new message box that says "The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request."

After I click "OK", the basic word 2000 template opens up but I can only perform general typing stuff.

Since put in use, the CPU has not been infected with the 'blastard' worm or any other virus.

Any ideas or suggestions to remove this problem.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Works & Word 2000 Problem

The "Preparing to Install" message is probably caused by the presence of different versions of Word on the PC, see WD2000: How to Resolve Problems with Running Multiple Versions of Word on the Same Computer. But that doesn't explain the "Unexpected Termination" message. Try the steps in Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.