4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MP3 and Reaplayer to conventional Audio CD?

Hi,

If we have a downloaded audio .RM or .MP3 file, how can we convert them to Audio Files on a standard CD?

TIA,

m.q.

Thanks

Re: MP3 and Reaplayer to conventional Audio CD?

What CD burning software do you use?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Both Nero or Easy CD Creator will do it when you burn a disc to play in a standard player.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for delay, I use the "Roxio EZ CD Creator 5" software.
    It has a module called "Roxio SoundStream" (see attached scrn. shot for burning audio & I did that today.

I have a few Q's pls:

(1) The CD made 2 files (from my original MP3) with .CDA Format - will that play in an ordinary CD Player?

(2) A conventional CD has "80 mins" printed on it. How does this correlate with

(3) This Soundstream Software doesn't recognise .RM (RealPlayer) files, so it doesn't covert them. How can I quickly & effectively convert the .RM files into .MP3 files?

I am willing to get any of the following & would like your advice to which is the BEST for QUALITY OUTPUT:

a. Audio Grabber v1.81.00.2
    b. Cowon Jet-Audio 4.81
    c. Cowon Jet-Audio 4.95 update
    d. Creative DVD
    e. DirectX7a
    f. Fx Movie Player
    g. JETAUDIO
    h. MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER
    i. POWER VCD
    j. PowerDVD XP 4.0.1 Delux
    k. Quick Time 4.0
    l. real one player
    m. REAL PLAYER 8
    n. Real Producer v8.51
    o. stream box
    p. Winamp 3 Full
    q. Winamp 3 Skins
    r. Windows Media 8 Encoding Utility
    s. Windows Media Encoder v7.1
    t. Windows Media Player 9.0 For Winall
    u. Windows Media8 Codac
    v. Xing Mpeg Player v3.33 Power Pack
    w. XingDVD Player

Which is the BEST?

(4) When converting from .RM to .MP3, are there issues of Quality Loss?

(5) How do the no. of mins. in the MP3 Audio correlate with the 80mins. mentioned on the CD? i.e. If I have two 40 min MP3 files, does it mean they will use up the whole CD? Or can I fit more?

Reason I'm asking is the 2 files I burnt (mentioned above) are both at least 40 mins, but their File -> Properties show their size as 1Kb! I guess this's 'cause they're not electronic files. But can I fit more? How much more?

Pls. when you reply, do tell me WHICH question you are replying to (i.e. do use appropriate referencing).

TIA,

m.q.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Roxio v5x will convert MP3, WAV, and WMA into files that can be played on a regular CD player. To convert RA (real audio) into MP3 try Streambox http://www.webcab.co.uk/futurehits/s...streambox.html or WiseCrft Ripper http://www.computer-software.org/audio/rip...roft_ripper.asp or any freeware or trialware you run across. If you burn the disc as MP3 you will get about 1 hour of music per 64MB of MP3 (approx. 10 hours per CD). If you burn into a 'normal' player format you will get about 1hour of music per CD. FYI Window Media player will not do anything with MP3's. I hope this helps.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok thanks.

Q1:
    When you burn a normal data CD, the software using a bar chart tells you how much free space is left.
    When I am telling Soundstream which MP3 files to burn on the CD, does it make the necessary space calculations and tell me that I have reached my limit?

Q2:
    The Audio CD I burnt last night has .CDA files on it - will this play in a conventional CD Player?

Ta,

m.q.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I almost hate to bring this up again, seeing how much most people abhor REALONE Player - that's NOT RealPlayer, but REALONE. The RealOne player will burn .RA or .RMJ or .RM files directly to an audio CD as AUDIO files. Probably not such an elegant solution but free and a lot easier than scrambling around to find something to convert the Real Media files to MP3.

(In other threads where I've mentioned RealOne Player, some respondents talked about RealPlayer and it's definitely not the same product. I dislike 'em both but they're free and serve a sometimes-purpose)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re Q2: .CDA is the standard extension for CD Audio tracks, so yes, they should play on a conventional CD player.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have never used the Soundstream utility. As was stated on another post CDA is the standard audio format for CDs. Will it play in your car or at your office? It should, unless something went sideways. A friend of mine has a newer DVD/CD-RW combo drive and the CDs that she burns will play everywhere except her one year old Honda Accord. A real pain.