New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows XP Home SP1-Administrator rights different (xp home)

Am new to this so bear me out please.I have win.xp with SP1 on my pc.I also have two desktops setup both having admin.rights.Mine is just fine but my wifes will not let her do certain things like install certain programs or when on the internet she cant view pictures or videos.have reinstalled xp again and again to no avail.Ihave made new desktops but that did not help.I could not view cams or pictures on web pages untill i installed java but it did not help her.Tried to install it on hers but it failed.Where i bought pc says they charge 80$ an hour phone support but have never heard of it and cannot help me for sure.Please help if you can.Thank you in advance.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP Home SP1-Administrator rights different (xp home)

Thank you SMBP for all your sugestions and linls.After studying them i found out that my ISP(Direcway Satelite) software has issues with more than one desktop on the host pc(the one i have the software installed on).It seems that it will work fine on the client pc with ICS but only one desktop on the pc the software is installed on.A real kick in the butt for me since i pay them about 100$ a month for the business edition.Thank you again so much.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows XP Home SP1-Administrator rights different (xp home)

Gee Bobby--

That's really steep of them--and awfully severe IMHO. Most of the ones around here including one of the largest, Comcast, don't have a problem with networking up to four PC's. The prices are on the average $50 a month for cable HSD; $50 for cable TV and two movie premiums--and I have been able to get them to throw in an 8-port amp because splitters have the potential to dilute the HSD signal. I sure hope you're able to work out a way that you can network with your wife's computer to your satisfaction.

SMBP