New Lounger
    Thanks

Truncated memo field (A97)

Hello ! - first time post so I hope I mind my netiquette OK...

I have a form bound to a table that has amongst others - a memo field named "ActionComments". The form is formatted for Continuous Forms style presentation, and is used as a subform attached to another (header) form. I have dragged the ActionComments field onto the form from the forms design Field List and accepted the default control behaviour.

In use, the user can add more than 255 characters in the memo field, but when they tab off the field, it truncates the field contents at 255 characters - as if it were a text field.
    What gives? Any help anybody can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks very muh in advance..
    DP

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Truncated memo field (A97)

Access 97 should be able to handle memo fields in subforms, but if you apply a format to the field, it will appear to be truncated - see ACC: Formatted Memo Truncates Data at 255 Characters. Do you happen to have set a format for the field or control bound to it?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Truncated memo field (A97)

Excellent stuff!

Thankyou Hans - there was a ">" forcing it to uppercase that was causing the problem. Was unaware that this would cause a memo field to present as a Text field. Removed the ">" and hey presto - crisis averted!

Thanks for your help

dp