New Lounger
    Thanks

Msg There Is No Disk in Drive (XP Professional)

The message starts with "718: qttask.exe - No Disk" When I boot up my computer it tells me to insert a disk into driveDeviceharddisk2DR7. Went to the MS Knowledge Base and it said my Iomega drive was designated as "C", and how to change it. But it's designator is "H". How can I get this message to go away? Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Msg There Is No Disk in Drive (XP Professional)

"qttask" is from QuickTime. The message may have been caused if you did an install from a disc or perhaps something is corrupt or just out of sorts. You need to look in all the obvious places like the run keys and delete the entry. This will not uninstall QuickTime, just make it not load at start-up.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

You could always try uninstalling QuickTime, and, if you REALLY want it, reinstalling it again?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

New Lounger
    Thanks

I uninstalled Quick Time (finally had to do it the "not recommended" way) and everything seems to be working correctly and I don't get the "disk msg" any more. Not sure Quick Time is a program I need and until I do, am not planning on reinstalling it. Thanks a bunch for your help. crownvic

New Lounger
    Thanks

I uninstalled Quick Time (as I mentioned in my post to John Gray - had to use the "not recommended" way to get it to completely uninstall). I was leary about checking the "run keys" - I think they're in the Registry and I try to stay away from there. But things seem to be working well now and am not planning on reinstalling Quick Time. Thank you again for your help. crownvic