2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form Grouping (Access 2002)

How can you display Subtotal Groupings on a Form similar to the Subtotals displayed on a Report? The 'Sorting and Grouping' icon is not available when in the design mode of a form. The only way that I have been able to display Subtotals is by having a form display a subform that groups and subtotals.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Grouping (Access 2002)

Forms don't offer grouping and subtotals, only end totals (in the form footer), but as you found out, you can use a main form plus subform to display subtotals. The question imposes itself, do you really need to emulate a report in a form?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In this case I'm try to use Access to develop a form to be used as an input screen for data that is fiscal related and this data has multiple levels of reporting that are subtotal at various levels. The individuals that I'm trying help are exporting an Access Report to Word and using word to enter into this report.; they then use a calculator to add the subtotals at the appropriate levels. So to make the story short; I want the Form to look like the report to ease the input process.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the explanation. In my opinion, entering data and reporting them are quite different processes, and it seems futile to me to try to make the data entry form like a report, but it's your database...