Thread: ???

New Lounger
    Thanks

???

Hey... where is everybody?

I use and like MS Photodraw. Oh, except for the constant crashing for no apparent reason... and the forced redraw after every change to a drawing, even repostioning... and the 600% zoom limit.

I've never used it with photos but have created a number of complicated graphics based logos. The program offers some easy to use manipulation of text and graphics I have not found in other programs. Too bad it has been discontinued by MS and is no longer supported. If I could find a more current program that has the same capabilities, I'd buy it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ???

Hi Paul

Yes, I have noticed this forum has been a wilderness for some time. I have noticed a lot of the loungers use various photographic manipulation tools but never has Photodraw been mentioned in the various postings. The college where I sometimes teach at run Photodraw courses but they have found that they are not getting many students so have had to cancel them.

Being a Macromedia Fireworks user I found Photodraw is a bit of a drag, but, hey that is just my opinion.

If you are a graphics minded person you will find Pix Place forum is quite good for tips and tricks.

Jerry
    Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Lanyon, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Okay, you might be able to help me. I know my query does not relate directly to your topic, but hopefully I am consulting people who can help?
    We now have a MPC (Canon MPC 190

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: photo printing..

Not exactly Photodraw, but for printing graphics you probably cannot beat Qimage. Best shareware I've ever bought.

Bob

2 Star Lounger
    Lanyon, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Thanks Bob, I am downloading the trial version now!
    Any other suggestions greatly appreciated [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Willow

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Willow,
    Unlike most software where RTFM is almost a joke, Qimage is one software I would highly recommend going through the help file - especially the learn my example section. Have fun..

Bob

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Hi Willow,

You could copy & paste the images into Word, then simply drag their corners (which causes them to re-size proportionaetly) so that they scale up to the right size.

Actually, just doing this once for portrait and once for landscape after pasting all the images into the document should allow you to repeat the new dimensions for all the remaining images by the simple expedient of selecting them and presing <F4>. And, if you do this once then select the picture and go into Format|Picture|Size, you will be able to see the dimensions. Make a copy of these for future reference and you'll be able to go back into Format|Picture|Size to resize any later images without the trial and error approach of the first time.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thanks

In a session at the Office 2003 launch event here last week, someone called out to the presenter, perhaps as a joke, "Did Microsoft discontinue PhotoDraw?" I think the presenter had never heard of it.