New Lounger
    Thanks

PowerPoint Viewer (XP)

Is there a new version of PowerPoint Viewer available - does anyone know how do get it?

Thanks

Re: PowerPoint Viewer (XP)

MS has a PowerPoint 97/2000/2002 viewer that doesn't really implement the newer stuff:
    <UL><LI>Some PowerPoint 2000 and 2002 features are not supported by the viewer:

<UL><LI>Picture bullets
    <LI>Automatic numbering
    <LI>Animated GIF pictures
    <LI>Microsoft Visual Basic

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I've been using a PowerPoint viewer created by PowerPoint 2000 Pack and Go, which I use an autorun.inf to start on CDs. My main problem with this version was that it didn't support hyperlinks.

The version I downloaded from your link supports hyperlinks but it appears that it needs to installed on the users computer, you can't run the exe from a CD, it asks for dlls in WINNT.

Do you know if there is a self-contained PowerPoint viewer that supports hybperlinks?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm going mad - the 97 viewer does support hyperlinks, don't know why I thought it didn't

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There is a new version of the PPT Viewer on the horizon, but we've received no word of when it will actually be released. I'm hoping for Oct 21, which is when the new Office System 2003 will be available, since PPT 2003 has a "package for CD" feature which relies on the new Viewer.

Yes, it supports the animations and transitions of PPT 2002 (aka PPT XP) and 2003. It also supports hyperlinks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

For autorunning PPT from CD, you don't want to use Pack and Go. Instead, try the technique listed on the autorun CD pages of my site. (URL's in signature.) This method does use the old PPT Viewer, but nothing is installed on the recipient's machine.