3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word Wrap (6.0.28)

Often when I print a page in IE the words on the right side of the page are cut off. I can't find a word wrap indication and changing the text size often doesn't help. What to do, and how to predict when this is going to happen?

Thanks

keith

Thanks

Re: Word Wrap (6.0.28)

This means the web designer either (a) expected you to print in landscape mode or ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] made a coding mistake.

Print Preview is your best bet for checking the likely results of printing in portrait (and to see if you forgot to change back after changing to landscape).

However, there are times when the page design forces text off the right-hand side. For example, someone specifies that a table is supposed to be 110% of the width of the page. Nothing you can do to fix that yourself. One ugly workaround is to copy the URL and paste it into Word's File>Open dialog and open it in Word. Won't look as good, but at least Word will rewrap it in a way that you can, with some effort, get it on paper.

Last but not least, the full version of Acrobat will import web sites with a "squeeze to fit" feature. I haven't used this since version 4, so I'm not sure how it works any more. (Was File>Open Web Site)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Wrap (6.0.28)

Many thanks jscher2000: I couldn't ask for a quicker and more comprehensive response.

keith