Lounger
    Thanks

Woody's new book

Do you think there's any chance Woody or Amazon might post the Table of Contents to his new book, so that we can check online whether we actually want/need it or not? I always order his books on Amazon, but with my shelves so overloaded, I might wait for XP Timesaving to hit my nearest bricks-and-mortar just to get a peek at the index. If most of the timesaving involves Outlook -- I doubt it, but I sometimes get that impression -- then I'm just not interested; OTOH, if it's other stuff, well, I've been hoping Woody would write another book like Word 97 Annoyances, my all-time favourite and still invaluable.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Woody's new book

Emffl--

I think there is a fair to middlin' chance that I could post it:

Table of Contents: Woody Leonhard's Time Saving Techniques for Dummies at Josey-Bass a Wiley Company[/i]

I can't find an index, and it isn't in bookstores in my little town as of tonight--but you can buy it here.

hth,

SMBP

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll hit Amazon asap. BTW, how can I tell your message is private when I'm logged on? I was only able to see I had a private message from the e-mail that notified its arrival. I'm assuming it's this one, but I'm not really sure.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The posts in this thread are public - they are visible to everyone, you don't even have to be logged in.

If you got a notification of a private message, click PostBox near the top of the Lounge window. You have to be logged in for this. Unread messages are marked with N.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Woody's Windows XP: Timesaving Techniques for Dummies linked above rolled into town this morning and it looks very very good and worthwhile-- going through some of it now--more of an intermediate/advanced tip book than the first one with some nice depth to the tips. It's extensively screenshot, diagrammed, and illustrated in comparison than most of the others. This is a big plus for the book and adds significantly. If you're into XP, you should definitely give it a close look. When I've read it, I'll try to give it a mini-review.

Ed. SMBP--By others I didn't mean Woody's others--I meant most of the other XP books by other authors--this is definitely a good addition to my XP library--there are illustrations on every page parallel to the points and that adds considerably to the meaning of his tips.

SMBP

Lurker
    Thanks

I realize that you posted about a month ago about Woody' new XP book.

If you haven't bought it yet, I can heartily recommend it! It's the only computer book I will take when I go on a vacation tomorrow!

Mr Bill459

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

On a related note, would someone who owns a copy be willing to guesstimate what percentage of the tips are valid for Win2K?

I tried to find out for myself but the local Borders was out! :-(

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>I've been hoping Woody would write another book like Word 97 Annoyances, my all-time favourite and still invaluable<hr>
    Amen to that! It is in fact a question I recently asked and it's on my 'Woody Wish List'.
    Paddy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Almost all of them in the mid to high 90%!--to put it another way, I think you'd be hard pressed to find some that don't apply to Win 2K--there are some tiny differences in the two (for example 2K doesn't have a "Show in Groups feature")-- but they are really few and far between but as I look at these sections about everything I can see that he says will work in 2K and the book is so well done it is well worth getting if you have that.

SMBP

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Go to http://www.informit.com/isapi/product_id~{...ntent/index.asp and you will find what you want.

But note that the image that is shown on this page is different from the real book we pickup to day,

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.