3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help File Font Size

Win2000, Office XP, Win2000 network
    How can I increase the font size, format of my Microsoft product help files? The fonts are difficult to read -- not just because they are so small, they're extremely "poor quality." I have searched everywhere for settings that I can use to change these -- there appear to be _no_ options to change the font size right _in_ the Help files themselves (here I'm talking about the Win2000 "my computer" help and Access XP help files). I have checked my Internet, Outlook, and Control Panel - Display for any hints. I have no problems with fonts in any other environment outside of these, horrible, help files. Can someone help me? -- thx, Pat Williams

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Help File Font Size

For Win 2000, open up Internet Explorer and choose View|Font Size. For the Fonts themselves, go to Control Panel|Internet Options|General|Fonts. For Office 2000, the default is the same as your current Internet Explorer & Internet Options. You can change the Font in the Office Help files by selecting Help|Answer Wizard in any of the Office applications and typing in About the Office Interface Font.
    Gre

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Whaddya know. I went to "Internet Explorer and choose View|Font Size", and found that I had listed, "smallest." I had been going to the "Tools"->"Options" menu, thinking that would be "it." It was frustrating, because all my Outlooking and Internet viewing seemed to be fine -- with only an occasional "too tiny" print. Thank you _so_ much!!! -- Pat

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I've said this before, but I think there must be a department in Microsoft whose sole purpose is to try to hide "features" from the user in the most unlikely place possible, so that they will get a sense of real achievement when they have managed to solve the puzzles...
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You don't say! <gg>
    I don't know if it compensates for the hair we all lose, though (argh!)
    thx
    Pat