2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Need Help with a complex report (Access 2000 SR1)

Hello,

I need help with a multi level report. I have a query that has three levels of data and I want to display them in a cross tab format. It is not a problem with a single layer of data because a cross tab query can be used for the report, but I cannot seem to get the three layers to work together.

Please see the attached graphic to see an Illustration of how I want the report to look:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Need Help with a complex report (Access 2000 SR1)

I haven't tested this, but perhaps your setup can be realized by a main report for the top level, with a subreport for the second and third level.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As Hans suggests, you should be able to use a subreport for the second level and a sub-subreport for the third level. The third level would be a subreport nested in the second level subreport.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am not familiar enough with sub-reports to do what you are suggesting. I am attaching an Excel spreadsheet that accomplishes what I need. I prefer to use access because it offers more consistency and is easier to maintain. Please review the spreadsheet and let me know if what I want is possible in Access. The spreadsheet includes sample data and a pivot table that presents the data in the basic format that I need.

Can you help me create the report in Access?

Thanks for your assistance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Why don't you do this in Excel? You can base an Excel pivot table on Access data - you don't need to import them into Excel first. In Access 2002, you could create a pivot table form with the same functionality as a pivot table in Excel; there is no pivot table report (in the Access sense of report).

From your original screenshot I thought it might be possible to create a report in Access with subreports to do what you want. Having seen the spreadsheet, I think it is not realistic. The Access report would become very unwieldy with the varying number of columns per level.