New Lounger
    Thanks

Need to create toggle view illustration window (Access 2000)

I need to create a toggle view illustration window with resident illustrations that will toggle to a blueprint view

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Need to create toggle view illustration window (Access 2000)

Could you try to explain that in more detail? Perhaps it's obvious if you're in the know, but I don't understand your question.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I have an Access input form screen that has a part number, data input fields, and a picture of the part. Rather than pulling the picture from a table, it is resident as part of the record. This was intentional. I would like to add a button to the picture field to make it switch to another view of the part blueprint. This view would switch back and forth, or "toggle".
    I appreciate any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If I understand correctly, the pictue of the part is stored in an OLE field in the record source of the form. Where does the other picture (the blueprint) live? In another OLE field in the same table, or in another table, or ...?

New Lounger
    Thanks

The location of the Blueprint could be either a table or resident as an OLE File. The problem with being a table lookup would be speed of access. The downside of a resident OLE file for both Blueprint and Picture, I think, would be that it would be such a huge database after it is fully populated.
    I think I would need to choose to make the Blueprint a Resident OLE File.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I never store pictures (except very small ones) in OLE fields. Linking to image files stored externally is better, and storing only the path and file name in Access is even better. Storing images in Access will bloat a database horribly. But I admit that the constant loading of external image files slows down things. Anyway, you could have two Image (or OLE) controls on top of each other, one with the picture of the part, the other with the blueprint. Always make one visible, and the other invisible. The code behind the command button would just toggle the visibility of both controls.