Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Error with macro (2000)

A colleague has written a macro that reformats a document. Specifically, it resets the margins and font size--not much else. He has several hundred documents to reformat in this manner, and of course the macro is a huge time-saver. The macro runs just fine on most of his documents, but when he tries to run it on long documents (sorry, I don't know how long) it coughs up an error message: "Run-time error 4608

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error with macro (2000)

Macros that you record often contain lots of commands that you don't really need. This is probably the case here. Tell him to try disabling this particular line by putting an apostrophe at the beginning of it (making it a comment).

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Lucas,

Another thing for your colleague to check - if they have declared any variables as Integers, they should change them to Long. Integers are limited to 32K and change, and there are situations where you can exceed that limit - for example, if you were counting the number of lines in a really long document.

Gary

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! I've passed on your suggestion to my colleague, and I'll let you know what develops.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Gary. I've forwarded your message to my colleague, and I'll let you know what happens. Your tip makes sense!