BobGuice

Office 97 and 2000 on one machine?

My home PC runs Windows ME and Office 2000 Platinum
    At work I use Windows 95 and Office 97 PRO
    I am creating an ACCESS application that I would like to work on at home. I have my old Office 97 CD and would like to Work in 97 at home to avoid conversions to 2000 format and subsequent problems that are likely to arise with the conversion at work. Is there a way to run both Office 2000 and Office 97 from the same machine? I'm thinking maybe a separate user profile in Windows ME then installing 2000 there might work. Any advise?
    Thanks BobG

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 97 and 2000 on one machine?

It is possible to run two versions of Office at the same time ( I have had Office 95 and 97 co-existing on the same computer (same user profile), although Microsoft do not recommend it. It probably would be possible just to install Access97, but you would probably be advised to re-install Office 2000 afterwards. Check the following link to Microsoft's Knowledge Base on the subject, and follow the links to other relevant articles . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q167/9/85.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=multiple&rnk=22&src=DHCS_MSPSS_g n_SRCH&SPR=OFW>Q167985</A>.

Andrew C

BobGuice

Thanks for the reply Andrew.
    The KB article you noted referenced several other articles namely which points to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q241/1/41.ASP>How to install Access 97 and Access 2000 on the same machineThanks for the response

BobGuice

After reading and trying to follow the instructions in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q241/1/41.ASP>Q241141</A> HOW TO INSTALL ACCESS 97 AND ACCESS 2000 ON THE SAME MACHINE I encountered the following problems:
    I had Office 2000 Platinum installed and running in a Windows ME environment so I tried to rename Hatten.ttf to Hatten.sav. Locating the file using Start|Seek then right clicking on file under Name there are no options to rename file. Selecting the file then from the the Menu File| rename is grayed out and not an available option. Also attempting to click twice on the file name often permits renaming the file but again no go. Then using Win Explorer to navigate to file then right clicking on file no luck.

I then uninstalled Office 2000 successfully then rebooted the machine. Next installed Office 97 in MS Office97 folder but Acme setup fails before inserting uninstall tags in Add/Remove Software dialog box (Control Panel. Office 97 appears to function OK. I rebooted the machine.

I then reinstalled Office 2000 successfully and it appears to work. Rebooted the machine.

Trying to open Access 97 evokes

<font color=red>Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this machine. </font color=red>

The big question how does one rename <font color=red>Hatten.ttf</font color=red>?

Thanks for any guidance

Bob G

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hatten.ttf is a font so i suspect it would be necessary to uninstall it before you can rename it. Just drag it from the fonts folder to the desktop or create a folder for uninstalled fonts and place it there.

Why do you need to rename it ?

Hope that helps anyway.

Andrew

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Dave:

Out of curiosity, what does the DP3297 refer to. The link leads to the Microsoft download center, but I couldn't find anything on DP3297.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Fix for "No License" Error When Running Microsoft Access 97 on Windows 98.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q141/3/73.asp> Q141373</A>
    or
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q191/2/24.ASP> Q191224</A>

Edited by DaveA, Changed the PD3257 to Q191224, DP was the Download Point for the AcLicn97.exe file.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The DP address was the location of the "AcLicn97.exe Available in Download Center".
    It is now at a different location. I have edited the earlier thread to reflect the correct address.
    Thanks,

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I had to support this type of environment in the past. I suggest (for access only) that you remove access 2000 from the machine, then install access 97. This should work okay, but whenever you have two versions of office running, you may run into problems. Hope this helps.