2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Label Madness (2000 SR-1)

I want to tag a bunch of videos with [Avery 5199] spine labels. I type episode titles onto each row (label). Print Preview looks fine, but hard copies are horrible. The text in most labels cut off as if there's an invisible border. I align my text to Horizontal and Vertical Center, and have even tried reducing font size.

The worse aspect is not technical. I procrastinated this major project for SO long, it's frustrating that now I have all the episodes gathered and the tapes ready, and can't get a decent print. Maybe soon I'll get to Tivo or DVD recording!

Thanks

Re: Label Madness (2000 SR-1)

Does it look as though the font might be expanding when you print and causing word wrap?

Other thought: any indents on your paragraph formatting?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Another thought. Have you checked to see you are using the latest printer drivers. Also, go to Tools/Compatibility & check the box that says "Use printer metrics to lay out document. Now your Print Preview should match the output.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No indents, no word wrapping--not enough text for that. Just putting in a few episode titles, using hard returns.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did check and have current drivers. Never knew about that 'printer metrics' trick. It helped, but still doesn't reflect the cutoff text.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Why don't you attach your label document to a post & someone can take a look at it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Phil. Great suggestion. But first, do you know how I can save my custom fonts with the file? I use all sorts.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Tal:
    If they are true type fonts, then perhaps you can save them with Tools/Options/Save/Embed True Type fonts. They should display properly on an uploaded document. It's also possible that the problem is something other than the fonts.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jim:
    I received your file offline. However, when opening it, I get the message that the file cannot be edited because it contains a read-only embedded font. So I can't check anything. I couldn't print it at all. One thing I did notice is that each label is a separate table, rather than another row within a single table. Nevertheless, that shouldn't prevent it from printing.

Perhaps you could copy one of the tables only to a new document & then zip that document. Perhaps you can get it to be less than 100KB, so that someone else in the Lounge can look at it. Sorry I can't be of more help.