Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Original post disappears as soon as reply made

I too noticed that Wassim's original question disappeared. Wassim must have deleted it while you were replying. Such things happen from time to time.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Original post disappears as soon as reply made

I figured that had to happen. But for a second you do a double take--you see your post but there is no thread. It's one of the Lounge's versions of Alice and Wonderland or what Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit was about.

One of the rewards is that not only do you learn by searching for the answer--a ton of collateral channels come up that are great info for someday somewhere, but the person with the question answers questions for you when you have KB's with 'possible' solutions. I'm probably being dense--I'm trying to figure out if someone needed the product key from a registry key for Office because they lost the packet with it on there in the first place. I had the pleasure of doing that for a day when I was reinstalling XP.

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Original post disappears as soon as reply made

This feels like Deja Vu all over again, and is a first for me. I can show a post in response to a question, and neither the post or question is now in the lounge under General Office Posts. I just posted to a question about installing SP3 in Office 2000 and the location of a CD Product key in the Registry by Wasim. As soon as I posted the reply, Wasim's original post was gone--I clicked on it's number and got a "post could not be found notice," and only my post showed--I know it's real; I did it; I looked up the info; I can see it. The only explanation is that Wassim decided while I was posting the answer to delete his post--maybe he knew who was answering and didn't want to wait. Can anyone shed light on this?

Re: CD-Key in Registry (Office 2000)

Post 287454 in Response to Wassim's General Office Post 287352.

Clicking on Wassim's post in my post I have on the screen but is not in the lounge gives me:
    "The post you are looking for could not be found.

This is not necessarily an error. If you feel this is an error then it could be something as simple as your browser not being set to accept cookies. If you feel this error is a problem with the server then please contact LoungeAdmin and let us know what exactly went wrong so it can be fixed as soon as possible."

SMBP