5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE - automating tasks at shutdown

Morning -

Looking for a way to automate a task I perform when I shut down for the day: I go to Internet Explorer; on General Tab, I delete the temp Files, then go to Settings, View Files and once there decide which cookies to delete.

Can this be automated to delete the files and take me to the Cookies window?

Thank you.

BTW, what is

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE - automating tasks at shutdown

I can't help with your automation, but I can tell you what Offline Content is.

When you add something to your favourites you get the option of making it available offline. This causes IE to cache a copy that enables you to access that web page when you are offline. I used to use this when my employer posted all their worldwide RAS numbers on a web page - very useful.

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.GIF (7.1 KB, 0 views)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE - automating tasks at shutdown

The Advanced tab has this option. How good is it? I give it a "B" -- but it is better than nothing. You can also write a script or batch file to empty the "TIF" on reboot.

As for Cookies, how often do you need to monitor and modify those? You may want to use a third-party cookie program (CookieWall or CookieJar) -- or simply modify IE settings to control cookies for you. I have my cookies pretty much on a "set up and forget" mechanism.

It all depends on how much time and energy you want to invest...
    Attached Images Attached Images