2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default colors: Backcolor, Forecolor (WordXP)

The backcolor of the standard text box in Word userforms defaults to "Active Title Bar Text", and the ForeColor is "Window Text". However, if using the High Contrast color scheme, the "Active Title Bar Text" is white and the ForeColor is "Yellow". So it is very difficult for visually impaired people to view the Word Forms with these color schemes.

Are there any guidelines for developing Word userforms for visually impaired people?

Many thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default colors: Backcolor, Forecolor (WordXP)

Hi Marie:
    I don't know of any guidelines. I do know that you can right click the desktop & choose Properties/Appearance tab. From there, you can change the Active Title Bar color. The window text you refer to is listed as Window & you can change that color.

Also, if you go to Control Panel/Accessibility options/Display/Settings..., you will see that you can choose from several settings, including several High Contrast settings.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks

Re: Default colors: Backcolor, Forecolor (WordXP)

I don't know if Microsoft, or anyone else, has issued such guidelines, but you do have total control over the colors, so if the issue is one of providing for suitable contrast, you might simply develop your own internal standards to be applied across all products. Whether that can be made a default in the editor, I don't know.