New Lounger
    Thanks

MPG1 videos won't work in PPT under Windows XP (PPT 2000 (9.0.2716))

Powerpoint uses MPLAY32.EXE to play MPG1 video. Until recently all worked well but I suspect a Microsoft update has altered things so much that MPG1 video appears as a very quick flash on the screen. The WIN.INI "[MCI Extensions]" is now written as "[MCI Extensions.bak]". Renaming that does not seem to work.

I'm sure there is a simple answer and that I've just had a man's look.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MPG1 videos won't work in PPT under Windows XP (PPT 2000 (9.0.2716))

Head to http://www.soniacoleman.com/Tutorials/Powe.../multimedia.htm and go to the section on how PPT handles multimedia. For WinXP, you need to do some registry surgery, and there are screenshots at the end of that section which show which keys should read what. (For Win98, you'd need to fix the INI settings -- but you'll see that explained in the multimedia tutorial.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MPG1 videos won't work in PPT under Windows XP (PPT 2000 (9.0.2716))

I don't know whether this will work for you, but i have used it in similar circumstances for a colleague and it did work. I am terrified of registry surgery and I am a surgeon! Open Windows Movie Maker and start a new project. Open your movie and drag it to the timeline. Export it to a new file name and type. Now it will work.

Let me know if this works.

Terry Irwin
    http://www.perfectmedicalpresentations.com