2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Crop marks in Print view (XP)

I've a buddy who recently opened a document from a friend. It had what look like crop marks on the four corners of the page showing where the margins would be. They are also there in print preview. He deleted his normal.dot thinking that their document had modified it, but they still show up on every new document. How do we make them go away?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Crop marks in Print view (XP)

If Tools | Options..., View tab, Text Boundaries is checked, crop marks will be shown.

For some reason, crop marks are always displayed if support for one or more Far Eastern languages is set. Your buddy can check this in Start | All Programs | Microsoft Office Tools | Microsoft Office XP Language Settings.

New Lounger
    Thanks

But why do the marks show up if I only have English support in Microsoft Office XP Language Settings? I have even tried adding Chinese and then removing it, but I still have the stupid marks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you cleared the "Text Boundaries" check box in the View tab of Tools | Options...?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, several times. These marks just appeared today out of the blue, and I know I didn't do anything to turn them on.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know if it will help, but you could work through the steps in <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.