New Lounger
    Thanks

Using Junk Mail Feature in Outlook

We have been investigating the use of Outlook's Junk Mail feature and have discovered a disturbing feature which I hope someone can help by pass. By default, Outlook not only applies "Junk Mail" status to those consigned to the junk sender's list, but applies a series of arbitrary filters, which may result in legitimate mail being inadvertently "junked". (The filters are based on several fields, such as subject and body - the full list is detailed in a file ..OFFICEFILTERS.TXT). As the text file is a readme advice only, editing it has no affect on the filters ...

Is there a way to bypass the filters so that the only criteria applied is to process mail from users added to the blocked senders list?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using Junk Mail Feature in Outlook

only by creating your own rules. you can try editing the filters text.

this is why thye recommend moving to a junk folder instead of deleting. you can add exceptions to the list, if it catches legit mail often. I know a lot of MS generated mail gets caught by it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using Junk Mail Feature in Outlook

Thank you for your reply, MaryJ

Initially, I tried editing FILTERS.TXT - but to no avail ... it is just an information file. I'm annoyed that the filters are applied so arbitrarily without easy user configuration - my clients are politicians and as you can appreciate they receive 100's of emails a day on a wide range of topics ... generally, they want to "junk" mail from a particular user rather than by subject, etc

Again, thank you for your post - I suspected that there was no way around the filters, but hoped that there may be