2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Favourites Shortcut (XP 5.1)

Some of the programs i run do not have a 'Favorites' link when I try to open a document. I tried unsuccessfully to create a shortcut to my favorites directory ...Explorer did not let me do it.
    I am on a network so my favorites are under my 'Documents and Settings' directory.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...I may be missing something simple?????

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Favourites Shortcut (XP 5.1)

Locate your Favorites folder (Cocuments and Settings<username>Favorites) in Windows Explorer.
    Right-click it, then select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).
    You should now have a shortcut to Favorites on your desktop. You can copy or move this to another location, for example My Documents.

If you have problems doing this, where do they occur?

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I missed the 'send to' option. I was used to seeing the 'create shortcut' (following highlighting file, right mouse click) that you get when highlighting a file or other directory. Dont know, now dont care, why that function does not work with the Favorites directory.

Thanks again.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's not important any more, but if you select Cocuments and Settings<username> in the left pane of Windows Explorer, and if you right-click Favorites in the right pane, there will be a 'Create Shortcut' option in the right-click menu itself. If you right-click Favorites (or any other folder) in the left pane, there is no 'Create shortcut' in the right-click menu, but the Send To submenu has an option 'Desktop (create shortcut)'.