3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

VBA Security settings (VBA / O2K)

In O2K - Word

My master template has it's security settings to "Low" and "Trusted sources/Trust all installed..." are checked
    Normal.dot is set to low as well...

Why am I then sometimes told that I cannot continue due to my security settings...- and can I workaround this through code.

eg. Is it possible at "Document_New" or another event to set and verify the securtiy settings ??

Henrik
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: VBA Security settings (VBA / O2K)

In general, I wouldn't advise trying to meddle with security settings in a macro - it reeks too much of a virus.

Does WD2000: Error Message: Errors Occurred During Load. The Macro Cannot Be Found or Has Been Disabled... shed any light on your problem?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: VBA Security settings (VBA / O2K)

I'm afraid not. It's not that it can't see the macro - it's simply misunderstanding the setting.

When I enter "TOOLS|MACRO|Security" option button "Low" is selected - thus I should not receive the DISABLE - ENABLE - CANCEL dialog question.
    - but I do...., subsequently eventhough I answer "enable", the macros cannot be run (informed by a dialog "due to your macro security settings")

... and this is where I start getting really frustrated as I can't find a workaround....

Subsequently I shut down Word restart it with the exact same settings - eh Voil
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work