Star Lounger
    Thanks

Resource Utilization (Project 2000)

Hi-

I need help with a question. I'm trying to find the percent of resources utilized to date. (ie: What is the difference in a percentage of a resource's time on a task versus the normal workday, 40 hrs, 8-5) So for a real simple example, if they spent 2 hours out of an 8 hour day, it should be 25%. But the boss will probably want to see this on a weekly basis or even to the current date. Could I use a crosstab report? Trying not to use VBA. I think a function or combination of features would suffice, but will appreciate any answers, application or VBA driven.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Resource Utilization (Project 2000)

This may get you closer but may not answer your question entirely.

After you add your resources to your schedule, create a baseline of the schedule so the baseline work field is populated. Then when you track your actuals and schedule the project you can use the tracking gantt to view actual work by day and cum actual work by day as compared to the baseline work. A percent allocation fields is available as well.

To get the percentage used, you could also try an export map and export similar data for review.

HTH

I will see if I can come up with a better way to do this (I am sure there is.)
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resource Utilization (Project 2000)

Thanks Gary. I'll give it a try. Always enjoy your posts.