Thread: Alignment (xp)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Alignment (xp)

I am putting equations into my doc, but this can apply to anything i guess. Each equation has a caption, but the equation needs to be centred and the caption right aligned. I guess you can do this in tables, but that means manually adjusting the cells. I couldn't even think of a decent macro to use for this... any help

thanks

gav

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alignment (xp)

I may not be understanding what you are asking but it would seem simple enough to define a centre-tab half-way between your margins and a right-tab at the right margin, then you simply
    <tab>equation goes here<tab>right-aligned caption goes here.
    This all depends on the width of your caption plus half of the width of your equation not being larger than half of the page width - other wise the caption will probably run beyond the right hand side of the page (at least that's what will happen in Word XP YMMV).
    If that works for you it is simple to record a macro wherein you set the tabs and then assign that to a shortcut key.
    HTH

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alignment (xp)

I, too, have a little difficulty understanding what you want. Ian's suggestion of using tabs would work eqally well with tables. I don't understand what you mean about manually adjusting the cells. I would think you'd set it up once & be done with it.