Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query from list? (Access2000)

Hi,
    I was wondering if it is possible to query by a list. For example, I want to run a query to see how many times an employee has been counseled. I have a list of employees. Is there a way to have the list pop up in the query and select the employee? I just never saw it before and was curious.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query from list? (Access2000)

I don't think you can do this in a query. You can create a query without a parameter, and then create a form based on the query. Next, use the Combo Box Wizard to create a combo box on the form to look up a record.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query from list? (Access2000)

Thanks, Hans. I didn't think it could be done. My supervisor is just so thrilled with the Access databases I have been creating that she keeps pushing for more. She just has to understand there are limits to what can be done in Access. By the way, thanks for all your help when I do these. I'm up to 5 databases that the company is using now and our corporate office even converted one to an Oracle database that they are marketing to other pharmacies. It's the first one ya'll helped me with. Wish I was getting some money for it but it sure looks nice on my evaluation.