Lambertv

Hiding text in text box until clicked

How can you hide text in a text box until it is clicked upon?
    And then hiding it again when another box is clicked?

Thanks

Re: Hiding text in text box until clicked

I'd probably do this with a series of text boxes, animated to dim after animation.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lambertv

Yes, the only problem is that the text box will not stay visible until you click another text box. It will be dimmed after the animation.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'd do this with a series of text boxes as Catherine said, but I wouldn't use dim after animation. To illustrate the principle consider just one text box whose text is to be hidden, then displayed, then hidden again.
    Start by creating three identical text boxes (by copying one two times more). Two of them would not have any text but would be filled with the background colour. The third would have the text in it.
    I would then position these exactly on top of one another and animate them using 'on mouse click' in the order : blank text box, box with text, blank box. If you want another text box to appear when the first text is hidden, you animate the first of that sequence using 'Start animation 0 seconds after previous event'
    I've attached a small presentation which illustrates this principle - I leave this presentation running while I wait for delegates to arrive. (You can only really see what's going on by looking at the animation dialogue).
    Hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Silverback

Thanks

Much better answer
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I always have blank slides at the end of my presentations, maybe 5. This way I end when I want to and have several "opps" slides to help me. THEN I create custom slides AFTER that for situations like this.

Duplicate the original slide, move it to after your 'presentation', Modify the text in the box. Then make that slide a custom show. On the box in your presentation,(the original slide) Hyperlink to a custom show. This custom show is put together from the slide(s) you're modifying.

Now during your presentation, you can skip right over that box if you wish because it's not part of your "current presentation", but if you move your mouse over it, you'll get the 'hand'--click and it starts the custom show which is really just a duplicated slide with text shown in the same spot. When you click again the custom show will end and the text will disappear as you'll be back on the slide you came from.