3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Summary at Report Top (XP)

Somewhere in the back of my memory, there is a method of putting summary calculations at the TOP of a report. It had to do with Access making a pass through the report and working out the calculations before it printed. I'm dredging this from a time of Access 2, probably. Am I crazy or was there a setting that allowed that?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Summary at Report Top (XP)

I don't about the multiple pass method, but the way I do it is to put the summary at the end as usual (in the report footer), then put another control at the start and set its control source to be the control in the footer. The controls in the footer can be hidden if you want.

e.g. in the footer i have a control called txtcount whose control source is =Count([ProjectID])

Somewhere at the top I have another control whose control source is just =[txtcount]
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Summary at Report Top (XP)

In fact, if you want a summary at the top of the report, it can only be created by completely formatting the report first, which requires multiple passes, as does using the Page x of y syntax for page numbering. Access has to make multiple passes through the report to figure out how many pages it will be dealing with and then to preview or print the report.
    Charlotte