New Lounger
    Thanks

Error mesage: Rundll32 has caused an error..

Can anyone suggest a solution for the error messages I have been getting on start-up, and which stop me from printing from any program, (not even the test page from the printer properties dialog):
    "Rundll32 has caused an error in Kernel32.dll", and sometimes "Rundll32 has caused an error in in mmsystem.dll". These appear as error message pop-ups, not blue-screens. There is nothing specific on the MS Knowledge Base. Some google search results suggested updating my virus protection, and searching for spyware, both of which I have done with no improvement.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,

David Farbey, London UK

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error mesage: Rundll32 has caused an error..

I assume that you found Err Msg: NETMETER Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module... and Error Messages in Mmsystem.dll or Rundll32.

You might try the procedure outlined by <!profile=KenK>KenK<!/profile> in <post#=281184>post 281184</post#> (instead of pressing F8 during startup, you can also press and hold down the Ctrl key until the startup menu appears)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If the links Hans provided don't do the trick, is it possible you could be rescued by checking for updated drivers for the printer? BTW, I checked the System.Ini file on my WinME machine and the drivers= line referred to in Hans' link is present, so maybe that fix will do it if your is somehow missing.

Lounger
    Thanks

I recently had a similar problem with a friend's PC and DID find something on knowledge base regarding "..... caused an error in mmsystem.dll" Can't remember the kb number but the fix was a missing line in [boot] section of system.ini 'drivers=mmsystem.dll' . Hope it works for you

DougieW