3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Copyright material (Office XP)

This is a very important question and I am not sure where to find an answer.

We/I developed an application for our company using MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. We were wondering now if we can protect our software/applicaiton by copyriighting it not only from the General public but from our parent company as well. Does anybody know where I can find out more about this?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copyright material (Office XP)

Not to be mundane, but you really should go to an intellectual property (patent) lawyer. There are too many variables for you to get a specific answer on the web & without an interview & close look by a lawyer who specializes in the field, you won't get an accurate answer.

Thanks

Re: Copyright material (Office XP)

Generally speaking, in the United States, the copyrightable works created by employees on company projects using company equipment getting paid to do that work belong to the company which employs them. The more variables you change, the more possibility that the result will be different. For a variety of reasons, attorneys should not give legal advice (i.e., comments tailored to particular factual situations) in a public forum. Your local State Bar may be able to refer you to an attorney in your area, or you can try the Martindale lawyer search.